A grassroots, parent-led group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Queer families living in the Ottawa, Ontario region.

24 January 2011

New Year, Better Support

Our January meeting was truly comforting for me because two new families attended and I gained nuggets from their stories which gave me new insight on my parenting. I have long thought that the smartest people are those who actively seek and offer support in our community and this was reconfirmed by an amazing, smart and enjoyable group who were willing to share a caring ear and some much-needed laughter. Many of us face incredible challenges in parenting special needs adoptive children and it is a true pleasure to witness the strength and resourcefulness of fiercely loving parents.


With appreciation,

Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment